Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer Scavenger Hunt...4 in 1 day

The kids were a little sick on a sunday (too sick to go to primary for madison but she didnt act sick just an obnoxious cold) so we kept them busy by doing a bunch of activities on the scavenger hunt list.

First up was to do a science experiment. I had to do something that would catch Madison's attention but also be something she might understand. so we made a rubber egg. you put an egg in a glass and then cover it completely with distilled vinegar. let it sit for 24 hours then drain the vinegar and rinse the egg. place the egg back in the glass and refill with vinegar totally covering the egg and let sit for 7 days.

Caleb joined us on the table even though he just watch (who knows maybe he learned something) and we let Madison do most of the activity with a little of mommy's help.



Next we painted flower pots to put outside in the garden (that's really just roses not a true garden) this ended up being an all Madison thing. mom and dad watched, Caleb slept and Madison painted away in her famous red shirt.  this activity was a really big hit...so i decided after to give her a piece of paper to paint on and that was a no go...she pretty much refused.


 I'm not sure anthony really wanted to do this but i begged and he was the best ever and obliged me. We made a family stepping stone. I'm not super creative but i'm very "emotionally" connected with my family so i decided we should make a family stepping stone. so we painted our hands first and then  did the kids. I even was able to get caleb in on this one which made it all the more fun!




 And last but not least we painted bird houses. Anthony painted his with an angels theme. madison asked for pink! everything is pink in her world. I did talk her into a little purple. and I chose a teal nd brown. it was fun and we were forced to talk to eachother.





No comments: