Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Grossology: Discovery Science Center


One Wednesday we really needed to get out of the house and madison had been asking to see her friend Kylie.  She actually surprised me one day and walked up to me while I was doing dishes and said in a very clear voice " i miss kylie" She has never expressed a specific need or emotion like that before. She pretty much only expresses basic needs. I want cheese, go poddy, i want juice thats mostly it. So I made the effort to get Madison to hang out with Kylie. we took the kiddies to the discovery science center which is one of my favorite places to go. there's always something new to do and the exhibits change every 5-6 weeks. this time it was all about the gross things animals do like poo, suck blood, Sniff eachother's butts, ozz slime, and all kinds of other gross things I didn't even know existed. I didn't learn TONS of stuff while i was there but the one fact I did learn still haunts me. I learned there's a type of sea slug that when it gets scared by another animal it poops out its intestines and then regrows them after it has calmed down. I no longer wanted to learn any more about the nasty things animals do.


 Madison always cracks me up because she almost always finds the computer in the room and plays with it. I love that she is starting to explore more and actually get a little more interested in learning new things.



This was the nastiest and grossest game i've ever heard of. Each one of the animals or bugs or whatever you want to call them and they talk and move and do all kinds of other gross things.


this huge submarine was in the middle of the whole room. it was large and had some cool features inside. the telescope coming out of the top actually looked all over the room. you can see Caleb is headed towards it and he was going as fast as he can. madison loved the slugs mouth slide of course. The wheel Kylie is standing in front of is what turns the telescope at the top and you can see the whole room on the screen above her. Caleb is sitting at the entrance to the slug slide but he never got the courage to go inside and slide down the slide.

 


Upstairs they had this extra room open that we only really see open when schools are around. little did we know there was one around but for almost 30 minutes we pretty much had the room to ourselves. there was so much to do this day too. usually we see one themed activity but they had a bunch of stuff for the kids to do from building blocks to awesome gears toy.



 

 Caleb was actually totally into the blocks they had on the floor

 Both boys did great with the blocks until they found the shiny plates on the floor
 Caleb was a big fan of this gear toy until one of the gears came flying off the metal plate toward him
One of my favorite areas that is recently new but not super new is the "really little kid" area. I someday hope that my playroom will look something like this!




 



















No comments: