Tuesday, June 8, 2010
16 Weeks doctors appointment
Today was a totally different experience as far as doctors visits. Before today my OB/GYN was always a woman. Since we have recently switch insurance to Medi-cal I had to pick a new doctor and most are male. So I took a recommendation from the doctors office I have been going to. Unfortunately it was a male. so needless to say I was a little nervous...OKAY OKAY A LOT nervous. Then I was really hoping that they wouldn't have to do a lot of blood tests again and luckily since I sent my medical records over they did not have to draw blood (One Happy Mama). But I still had to have an internal exam :( I was totally disheartened but I did it because I knew it was important for the baby. The baby is apparently a little big for its age...which makes me nervous since I would prefer to have a normal to small sized baby (I REALLY DON'T WANT A C-SECTION). The baby is about the size of an 18 week old fetus and I'm only 16 weeks along. After the internal exam to measure the baby the nurse places the fetal heart Doppler on my stomach. She heard nothing at first then she moved it slightly to the side and the baby's heart beat came in so loud and fast it startled the doctor and the nurse. It startled the doctor so much he stopped what he was doing and quickly turned around to see what was going on. Next week they are going to draw blood to do the testing that detects spina bifida and down syndrome...time to start praying that everything is healthy. P.S. my blood pressure was high this time not sure why but its troubling me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment