Thursday, June 24, 2010

Another Doctors appointment

On the 22nd we had a doctors appointment for the basics weight, BP, measurements, heartbeat etc... i have to say at this particular doctors I love the morning appointments. I don't think a lot of pregnant women are morning people but I happen to be a decent morning person soooo i try to always take the earliest appointment they have. we always get out of there so quickly they are very efficient.

This time:
My blood pressure was much better. its still higher than normal but nothing to be majorly concerned about like last appointment (I think it was high because the MA put the blood pressure cuff around my lower arm instead of my upper arm.) I'm use to seeing BP's of 110 and under but I'm not really complaining about a 130/80

we were going to tape the baby's heart beat for every one to hear but i failed to charge the batter to the camera. (talk about feeling awkward) oh well next time. I also love the fact that no matter how many times they listen to the HB they are amazed (not startled this time) at how strong it is.

The doctor came in and i have to say i was very thankful that i did not have to strip down to nothing and wear paper clothes this time. all he wanted was to measure the baby belly. last time the baby was measuring about about 17 CM which was a little big but nothing to be concerned about. this time the baby only measured 17.4 CM which means in two weeks it didn't grow much at all. so the doctor decided to do the ultrasound early instead of 20 weeks they will do the ultrasound Tuesday the 29th and I will be 18 weeks and 5 days along. The upside of them doing it early is we will get to know the sex of the baby that day too.

I don't care if the baby is a boy or a girl i just want to know its healthy and has 10 fingers and 10 toes, a healthy heart, and a developed brain.

No comments: